Latest Events

No events

Apply For Aid

Every year students must complete a new Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit it to the United States Department of Education for processing. You do not have to be enrolled full time (12 hours) to receive federal aid. Generally you will be eligible for federal aid if enrolled at least half time (6 semester hours) The FAFSA is an application for the following federal aid programs:

  • Pell
  • SEOG (Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant)
  • State Grants
  • Federal Work Study
  • Subsidized Student Loan
  • Unsubsidized Student Loan
  • Parent Loan

FAFSA FilingComplete the FAFSA every year, as soon after January 1st as possible and before April 15th. Apply for a PIN so you can electronically sign your FAFSA Application at

  • We suggest you file electronically at You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) at the address you listed on your FAFSA application. Be sure to review your SAR for errors and make corrections as needed. This simple step can save weeks on your application for aid.
  • You should always use your tax forms to complete this application. You may estimate your income, but be aware that estimating your income and taxes may mean your file will be selected for verification by the U.S. Department of Education or by the Office of Student Services. If you choose to estimate your income information when filing the FAFSA, please review your Student Aid Report and make changes as necessary. 
    List the KVCTC College Code (040386) on your FAFSA Application as the #1 school.

Filing AssistanceClick here to view a short video on filing the FAFSA.

If you need assistance completing the application, you can obtain information from the hotline at the Federal Student Aid Programs (1-800-4FED-AID), or attend one of our FAFSA workshops and we will be happy to assist you. 

Applying for Summer Financial AidAll awards are initially offered for fall and spring only. If you choose to register for summer courses, the Division of Student Services will receive notification weekly of registered students.  A financial aid representative will review accounts on a weekly basis and award financial aid if eligible.  Student who would like to take student loans will be asked to visit a financial aid representative to accept student loans. The deadline to request summer aid is April 30th

Phone: (304) 205.6700
Online: Apply Now!
2001 Union Carbide Drive
S. Charleston, WV 25303

Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and does not discriminate against any person because of race, gender, age,color, religion, disability, national or ethnic origin. For more information: Michelle Bissell, Title IX Coordinator (304) 205-6600.