New, Transfer, and Transient students must apply for admission to Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College and provide all required documentation, such as official high school transcripts, ACT or SAT scores, or other requested items. Contact Admissions at 304.205.6600.
- File the FAFSA by April 15
- Receive Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Check your SAR for errors and make corrections
- Receive an email notification in regards to Missing Documents or check with the Division of Student Services to see if additional documentation is needed.
- Turn in all requested documentation by June 30 for fall semester, November 30 for spring semester, April 30 for summer semester.
- Receive an email or notification requesting you to accept Your Award on MyKVCTC.
- If you have accepted student loans, you must complete the Master Promissory Note and Loan Entrance Counseling by August 10 for fall semester by December 20 for spring semester.