Career and Transfer Fair
The KVCTC Career Fair will be held on Tuesday, April 8th, 2014 from 11:00AM to 2:00PM in the KVCTC foyer.
This Career Fair will be open to all Kanawha Valley CTC students, and the general public. This will be a great opportunity for students to make contact with employers and/or get information about transfering to a 4-year institution.
Should you have any questions, please contact Division of Student Services, Room 012 or (304)205-6700.
Helpful Tips for Students:
- Dress for Success. Attend the career fair dressed for success in professional interview attire, and carry a portfolio. However, do wear comfortable shoes, because you will be standing in line.
- Practice a Pitch. Practice a quick pitch summarizing your skills and experience so you're ready to promote your candidacy to prospective employers.
- Bring Supplies. Bring extra copies of your resume, pens, a notepad, and business cards with your name, your email address, and cell phone number.
- Arrive Early. Keep in mind that lines can be long, so arrive early to allow yourself to explore all the employers in attendance.
- Attend a Workshop. If the career fair has workshops or seminars, attend them. In addition to getting job search advice, you'll have more opportunities to network.
- Network. While you are waiting in line, talk to others. You never know who might be able to help with your job search.
- Show Initiative. Shake hands and introduce yourself to recruiters when you reach the table. Demonstrate your interest in the company and their job opportunities.
- Be Enthusiastic. Employer surveys identify one of the most important personal attributes candidates can bring to a new position as enthusiasm. This means that employers want to see you smile!
- Ask Questions. Have some questions ready for the company representatives. The more you engage them, the better impression you'll make.
- Collect Business Cards. Collect business cards, so you have the contact information for the people you have spoken with.
- Take Notes. It's hard to keep track when you're meeting with multiple employers in a busy environment. Jot down notes on the back of the business cards you have collected or on your notepad, so you have a reminder of who you spoke to about what.
- Say Thank You. Take the time to send a brief follow up thank you note or email to the company representatives you met at the job fair. It's a good way to reiterate your interest in the company and to remind company representatives that you're a strong candidate.
Employers and Colleges Register Here!
KVCTC is happy to host employers and colleges to allow you an opportunity to meet with our students. Please note the fair registration deadline is April 4th.
If you have any questions or need more information, employers may contact James McDougle,
or 304-205-6710 and colleges may contact, Michelle Wicks at
There is no form with this name or may be the form is unpublished, Please check the form and the url and the form management.