Latest Events

No events

Refund Policy


RefundsKanawha Valley Community and Technical College refunds are processed and mailed out through the KVCTC Business Office. All payments must be reflected on a student’s account before a refund can be processed. Refund requests should be addressed to the KVCTC Business Office.

Before requesting a refund, students should be sure that sufficient funds are available for the next semester. The college computes its charges on a semester basis. Consequently, if the college receives monies from a one-time scholarship or loan source, such funds will be applied in full against the semester when received. This may create a credit balance for the semester.

Students are responsible for notifying KVCTC of a change of address. This may be done at the Division of Student Services or on your MyKVCTC account.

Refund Policy for Students Who WithdrawA student who officially withdraws from college (i.e. drops all classes), either through the Division of Student Services or is administratively withdrawn from college prior to completing 60% of a semester, is entitled to a partial refund of that semester’s tuition/fees. Refund amounts are calculated to the day based on the number of calendar days which have elapsed from the first day of class to the date of withdrawal. The date of withdrawal is the actual date the student notifies the Office of Student Services of withdrawal or the midpoint (50% point) of the semester for a student who leaves without notifying the institution. Any student who withdraws at any point during the semester is advised to consult with the Business Office to determine whether there is a balance owing or a refund due.

For a student receiving federal financial aid who withdraws before completion of 60% of the semester, the amount of federal financial aid earned will be calculated to the day according to the same formula. Unearned financial aid must be returned. When aid is returned, the student may owe a balance to the Community and Technical College, to the US Department of Education, or to both. Any student receiving federal financial aid should contact the Office of Student Services before withdrawing from college or reducing the number of hours enrolled to determine the impact of these actions on his or her financial aid status.

Special NoticeShould conditions warrant, the administration reserves the right to adjust fees and charges without advance notice.

Phone: (304) 205.6700
Online: Apply Now!
2001 Union Carbide Drive
S. Charleston, WV 25303

Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and does not discriminate against any person because of race, gender, age,color, religion, disability, national or ethnic origin. For more information: Michelle Bissell, Title IX Coordinator (304) 205-6600.