Latest Events

No events

Office of Registrar

FERPA - Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act 


U.S. Dept. of Education




 Degree Works



Students may register for the first time after receiving a letter of acceptance from the college, taking all required placement tests and attending an orientation session. First time college students and transfer students enrolling in KVCTC for the first time may register by attending one of the scheduled New Student Orientation and Registration sessions. A number of sessions are scheduled prior to the start of each semester. All NEW students are required to attend one of these sessions.

Continuing and readmitted students may register online for the following semester during scheduled periods each semester. Online registration begins in November for spring semester and in April for fall and summer semesters. Continuing and readmitted students are urged to register during these early dates to be assured of the best selection of
courses and times.

Registration after classes begin is subject to a late registration fee of $25. No credit is given for a course in which a student is not duly registered.

Registration Process

  • NEW STUDENTS: Attendance at one of the Orientation and Registration sessions is mandatory for all new KVCTC students. For more information about these sessions or to sign up, visit The average time to complete the orientation and registration process is four hours. During these sessions students obtain student ID cards, activate student email addresses, learn more about services at KVCTC and purchase books for the semester. This is also the time when new students meet with their advisor and REGISTER for their courses.
  • CURRENT & RETURNING STUDENTS: Returning students should register via MyKVCTC or in person at the Division of Student Services located on the ground floor in room 012 AFTER consulting with their advisor about their course schedule. Students must be advised prior to registration and receive a PIN required for registration. Advisors are the only individuals who can give a student their registration PIN. A scheduling worksheet (registration form) is required for KVCTC students registering via the Division of Student Services. This worksheet also serves as the add/drop form for students wishing to make changes to their schedules.

Veterans Affairs
All individuals initiating the use of their GI educational benefits should contact the Division of Student Services.

Academic Load
Usually, a full-time student may enroll for 12 to 19 credit hours of course work. Students who have an institutional GPA of 3.25 or who make the Dean’s List for two successive semesters may take up to 21 hours with permission of the Division Deans or the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Continuing full-time students on academic probation are limited to a maximum of 14 semester hours.

During the summer session, the normal course load permitted is one class during a three-week session and two classes during a six- or nine-week session. Students cannot exceed nine credit hours during the entire summer. Students on academic probation may carry only one class at a time during summer school. Six hours is considered full-time.

Schedule Changes and Withdrawals
Students may change their schedules (add courses, drop courses, change sections of courses) within a specified period each term.

When adding or dropping a class or withdrawing from college, a student is responsible for obtaining and filing a completed Registration Worksheet or Withdrawal Form (in the event of a complete withdrawal from classes) with appropriate approval signatures with the Division of Student Services. Filing this completed form with the Division of Student Services is the only official procedure for changing a student schedule. Courses are not added simply by attending nor are they dropped by ceasing to attend class. Students must properly complete all necessary forms and steps in the add/drop procedure. Failure to do so may adversely affect grades and/or financial aid eligibility. A W grade is given when a student has properly withdrawn prior to completion of 70% of the semester.

Academic Withdrawal Policy
While it is the student’s responsibility to drop classes, KVCTC may administratively withdraw a student from a course, within the first two weeks of classes, if the student fails to meet the prerequisite or other requirements as indicated by the KVCTC catalog.

Theses prerequisites may include:

  1. Completion of prior coursework
  2. Passing of qualifying examinations
  3. Admission to, or special requirements of, special programs
  4. Completion of prior coursework with a required minimum grade

Such an administrative withdrawal may be initiated only by the Vice President for Academic Affairs, upon the instructor and Division Dean’s recommendation. Students should be aware that they will be responsible for any impact that may have on their financial aid.

Courses by Special Arrangement
Students of superior scholarship may enroll in certain courses by special arrangement without the formality of class attendance if there should be no opportunity to enroll normally in the course before graduation. Such registration is subject to the following policy guidelines:

  1. The student must read the regular assignments, take all examinations, write all papers, meet with the instructor on a regular basis, and meet other requirements normally expected of students in the course.
  2. The student must register for the course by arrangement. Record of such arrangements must be approved by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
  3. The course must be one required for the student’s degree. Electives cannot be taken by arrangement.
  4. No more than one course (maximum of four credit hours) can be taken by arrangement in one semester, and no more than two courses (maximum of eight credit hours) should be taken by arrangement in the last year prior to graduation.
  5. The instructor must be willing to offer the course by arrangement and must be one who has taught or is scheduled to teach the course.

At the time of registration, a special form must be completed and signed by the instructor, the Division Dean, Program Director or Vice President for Academic Affairs. 

Auditing Courses
The purpose of auditing a course is to gain knowledge in a particular area of interest without receiving a grade for the course. Persons wishing to audit classes may do so under the following conditions:

  1. An audited course carries no credit. It will be recorded on the transcript with a grade of AUD.
  2. Priority for registration will be given to students to be enrolled for credit.
  3. Courses in the student’s major may not be audited.
  4. A student will be charged regular tuition and fees for an audited course.
  5. Audited courses do not count toward graduation.
  6. Students choosing to audit courses may change to a graded enrollment status, or from a graded enrollment status to audit status, only during the registration and drop/add periods.
  7. The auditor has all the privileges of a student taking a course for credit. He/she may do regularly assigned readings, participate in discussions, and submit papers. The instructor may allow the auditor to take examinations; however, no grades will be submitted to the Registrar.
  8. After auditing a course, if a student finds the course is needed for graduation, he/she may request permission to the Division Dean or the Vice President for Academic Affairs to enroll in or test-out of the course.
  9. After having audited a course, a student may not test-out of or enroll in any lower level courses covering similar subject matter, without special permission from the Division Dean and Vice President for Academic Affairs.


Using the guidelines and policies contained in this section of the catalog, the professor for each course establishes how grades will be calculated. The syllabus for each course will explain the method of arriving at the grade for that course. Students should anticipate variations in method as they take classes from different faculty members. The West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission has approved and adopted the following uniform grading system for all state colleges and for certification purposes for all teacher preparation institutions:

A Superior I Incomplete
B Good AUD Audit
C Average W Withdrew
D Below Average, Lowest K Credit for CLEP, Test Out, or Experiential Learning
F Failure IP In Progress
P Pass NC Non-Credit Course

Grading Policy Concerning Withdrawal from a Course
The student is responsible for securing, completing, and filing a withdrawal form from the Division of Student Services.

W is a grade given when a student has properly withdrawn before the deadline listed in the Academic Calendar, which is included in this catalog and on the college website.

Guidelines for Request of Incomplete Grade
An incomplete (I grade) may be given when a student is unable to complete some of the course assignments, in cases when the student cannot sit for the final exam because of illness, and/or other reasons considered beyond the student’s control.

The request for an I grade is initiated by the student. To be eligible, the student must have completed at least 80% of the coursework. The instructor indicates what is to be completed and the time period, up to one semester, when the work must be completed. Approval by the Division Dean and Vice President for Academic Affairs must be secured by the instructor before an I grade can be given. When the work missed is satisfactorily completed, the final grade for the class will be assigned by the instructor, who will file a grade change form. The grade and the form are approved by the appropriate Division Dean and Vice President for Academic Affairs and then forwarded to the Division of Student Services. 

A student must complete the requirements for the course in which the I grade was received within the next full semester or the I grade will automatically be changed to a grade of F.

Please note: The time period to complete the coursework can be extended beyond one semester only in the case of extenuating circumstances AND only with the approval of the Instructor, Division Dean and the Vice President for Academic Affairs.

Final Examinations
In addition to examinations given during the semester, final examinations in all subjects are to be given in the final examination period at the end of each semester or part of term. An alternative arrangement must be approved by the Division Dean.

Grade Reports
At the end of the seventh week of each semester, mid-term grades are posted for students to view in MyKVCTC. Mid-term grades lower than a C will be posted.. All developmental education course grades will also be posted. Final grades are reported by faculty via MyKVCTC and are available to students via MyKVCTC.

Quality Points and Grade Point Average
The grade point average is computed on all work for which the student has registered except for the courses with grades of P, AUD, W, or K, and is based on the following quality point values for each semester hour of credit. Developmental courses indicated by A., B., C., D., and F. are not calculated into the GPA for graduation. However, they are included in calculation for Financial Aid and Satisfactory Academic Progress.

Grade A B C D F
Quality Point Equivalent 4 3 2 1 0

To calculate the Grade Point Average (GPA) for the current semester, multiply the quality point value for each grade received times the number of credits for that course. Determine the GPA by dividing the total graded classes into the total quality points.

To calculate the cumulative GPA for graduation, multiply the quality points for the grade in every course taken by the number of credits in each course. Determine the GPA by dividing total graded classes into total quality points.

Students having a GPA of less than 2.00 will have a quality point deficiency. To calculate the extent of the deficiency, multiply the total number of credits attempted by two. That total is the number of quality points required to have a average. Then subtract the quality points actually earned from the total required to have C average. The difference is the quality point deficiency.

Repeating D and F Grades
Students who receive D or F grades early in their college careers may have such grades disregarded in calculating their GPA when the courses are repeated under the following conditions:

  1. D or F must have been earned no later than the semester or summer term when the student attempts his/her 60th credit hour.
  2. The course may be repeated any time prior to graduation. A D/F Course Repeat Form is to be filed with the Division of Student Services at the time the student takes the course the second time.
  3. The grade received on the second attempt will be used in calculating the student’s GPA. While the first grade will continue to appear on the transcript, it will not be used in calculating the GPA.
  4. According to Series 22, the second grade will count. 

Discretionary Academic Forgiveness
Consistent with the Community and Technical College System of WV Title 135 Procedural Rule, Series 22 Sections 4 and 5, Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College (KVCTC) will extend to students academic forgiveness related to gradepoint averages required for graduation under the following listed conditions. (This policy pertains only to graduation requirements and not to such requirements for professional certification which may be within the province of licensing boards, external agencies, or the West Virginia Board of Education).

A student who has grades of F and/or D may petition the Registrar to disregard the grades for the purpose of computation of the cumulative grade-point average under the following conditions:

  1. Only F and/or D grades from courses taken at least four years prior to the request may be disregarded for gradepoint computation. (Student must choose to keep all D grades or have all eligible D grades forgiven.)
  2. When F and/or D grades are disregarded for grade-point average computation, these grades will not be deleted from the student’s permanent record (transcript).
  3. Once a D grade is disregarded for purposes of grade-point average computation, the credit earned is also disregarded.
  4. The student requesting academic forgiveness must not have been enrolled in any college or university on a fulltime basis (12 or more credit hours) during any semester or term in the previous four years. If the student has enrolled on a part-time basis (less than 12 credit hours) during the specified four years, the student must have earned at least a C grade-point average (2.00) in all course work attempted.
  5. Only an enrolled student may apply for academic forgiveness through a signed, written form obtained from the Division of Student Services. The student must certify that he/she has not been enrolled as a full-time student in any college or university for four consecutive years prior to the request.
  6. To apply for academic forgiveness, the student must submit a written request to the Registrar in the Division of Student Services by the end of his or her returning semester. The request must identify the non-enrollment period and whether the student wishes to have all D’s and/or F’s exempt from GPA calculation. The KVCTC Registrar verifies the information and accepts, modifies or rejects the student’s request. In instances where a student requests and gains academic forgiveness from one college or university and then transfers to another institution, the receiving institution is not bound by the prior institution’s decision to disregard grades for grade point average calculation.

Note: Students who receive forgiveness may be eligible for graduation with honors. Grades which have been forgiven on the academic record will not be used in calculating an overall grade point average or to make the determination of honors for graduation.

Challenges of Final Grades
Students are encouraged to discuss questions about final grades with their instructors, especially with regard to possible errors in calculation or transcription. These discussions are not considered to be appeals. Challenges of final grades are made to the programs/departments in which the grade was given and must follow the Academic Appeal Policy, as specified in this catalog. It is the student’s responsibility to follow the appeal process at all stages. The final grade can be appealed 30 business days after posting of grades.


Transfer of Credit

The following are conditions under which transfer credit at KVCTC is reviewed and awarded:

  1. Transfer credits are only awarded from United States post-secondary institutions that are accredited by one of the six Regional Institutional Accrediting Organizations: Middle States Associations of Colleges and Schools, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Transfer credit is not awarded from unaccredited institutions or from institutions who are accredited by national accrediting organizations.
  2. Any college credit earned from a non-US institution must be evaluated by an evaluation service that is a member of National Association of Credit Evaluation Services (N.A.C.E.S). A listing of the member evaluation services and additional information can be obtained by visiting
  3. KVCTC accepts coursework through associations, business, government, military, police academy and industry that have been evaluated for college credit by American Council on Education (ACE)
  4. KVCTC accepts the Advanced Placement (AP) exam in certain subject areas with a score of 3, 4 or 5 and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) with passing score.
  5. Students must have official transcripts from other institutions sent to the Division of Student Services for purposes of admission. All transcripts are then reviewed for transfer of credit to KVCTC. It is the student’s responsibility to contact ALL previous institutions and arrange to have final, official transcripts sent to KVCTC that reflect all course work completed. This must be done prior to the second semester of attendance at KVCTC.
  6. Only credit courses with a grade of D or higher will transfer. KVCTC does not accept grades below a D as accept able transfer credit.
  7. Equivalent developmental credits in reading, writing and mathematics will be transferred for the determination of appropriate college–level placement.
  8. Transfer grades become part of the overall grade point average but do not calculate into the institutional grade point average used for calculation of Dean’s list, President’s list or honors at the time of graduation.
  9. KVCTC reserves the right to examine all transfer credits to determine obsolescence of content. 
  10. Irrespective of the number of credits, transferred students will normally be required to complete at least 25% of their academic program credits at KVCTC.

Credits Taken Elsewhere
Students in good academic standing may, with prior approval of the Division Dean of the major and the Vice President for Academic Affairs, take courses as a transient student at other accredited institutions to apply to degree requirements.

Credit by Examination
Regularly enrolled students may apply to receive credit by examination in certain courses offered by the college. Credit by examination is available by either of two processes:

  1. CLEP – College Level Examination Program, if available
  2. In-House exams prepared by faculty of the College

Procedures for Taking Credit by Examination
CLEP Testing – CLEP testing is administered through Academic Affairs. A list of courses for which testing is available is available in the Academic Affairs office. Interested students should inquire in Academic Affairs. If a student meets the specified passing score on the exam, credit will be applied to his or her transcript and recorded grade will be K.

Several rules must be observed:

  1. Students must register to take a CLEP exam within the time period specified.
  2. If a student fails to pass the exam, the student will be required to wait six months before testing again.

In-House Examinations
If a student is interested in pursuing the in-house examination option, he/she should discuss the matter with and secure permission from the Dean of the division where the course is housed. Not all courses are eligible for in-house examinations. A list of courses for which examination may be given is available for review in the Academic Affairs office. An application for In-House Examination Credit will be completed with the Division Dean’s approval prior to testing and fees must be paid to the Cashier prior to testing. Cost for the in-house exams will be $25 per credit hour. With permission given, a student would then make arrangements with the Exam Administrator/Assigned Instructor of the course to take the exam. Students will present the application for In-House Examination with the stamped receipt of payment to Exam Administrator/Assigned Instructor at the time of the exam. Upon completion of the exam and meeting the specified passing score, a Credit Equivalency form will be completed by the Exam Administrator/Assigned Instructor and signed by the Division Dean and Vice President for Academic Affairs. This form will be forwarded to the Registrar for posting to the student’s transcript with a grade recorded as a K. In-House Examinations will be given during a traditional academic year, fall and spring semesters, and must be administered by the last day of class in a given semester.

Several rules must be observed:

  1. Application forms for credit by examination must be completed and fees paid before the examinations may be given.
  2. A student may attempt to take an in-house examination in any individual course only once.
  3. Students may not attempt credit by examination in courses for which they are already registered. Additionally, students may not attempt an in-house examination in courses which they have already completed and for which they have grades on their transcripts.
  4. Students must be aware that credit by examination does not become a part of their academic load for the semester and that not all institutions will accept K grades.

Course Substitution/Waiver
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that a course substitution/waiver, approved by his or her Program Director, Division Dean, and Vice President of Academic Affairs be on file in the Division of Student Services office.

Credit by Advanced Placement
Credit is granted to high school students who make appropriate scores on Advanced Placement Examinations of the College Board. (Appropriate scores refer to the national criteria recommended for college credit by the College Entrance Examination Board.)

Credit for Validated Programs of External Agencies
Credit will be awarded for certain educational programs conducted by business, industry, government, organized professions, and other legitimate agencies. Awarding of such credit must meet standards determined by the faculty and administration of KVCTC.

Credit for Experiential Learning through Portfolio Review
Academic credit may be granted through portfolio review for work or life experiences that are equivalent to course work which meets the requirements for the degree program in which a student is enrolled. Request for portfolio review may be made only after successful completion of 12 credit hours of college level work at KVCTC and/or a regionally accredited higher education institution. A minimum of three credit hours from KVCTC is required. Students interested in receiving credit in this manner should consult with the Program Director for the program in which the course is offered.

Students enrolled in Board of Governors Associate in Applied Science degree program have the opportunity as adult learners to utilize credit for prior learning experiences via licenses, certificates, military credit and other non-collegiate sources while assuring maximum credit transferability. The student will pay a $300 portfolio review fee and follow portfolio guidelines provided by the Board of Governors Program Director. The student will be assessed an additional transcript posting fee of $10 per credit granted.

For students enrolled in programs outside the Board of Governors A.A.S., submission of a portfolio for credit earned in this manner cannot exceed 12 hours and does not count toward residency requirements. If the initial request is approved, students submit a portfolio, prepared in accordance with the Portfolio and Preparation Guidelines (available from most academic program offices) to the appropriate Program Director. There is a nonrefundable portfolio assessment fee of $25 per credit hour submitted by portfolio and, if credit is awarded, a $10 per credit transcript posting fee. If the portfolio is approved for credit, students receive a special grade which denotes equivalency credit on their transcripts. For more information, students may contact the Academic Affairs Office. 


EDGE stands for Earn a Degree–Graduate Early and allows students to earn community and technical college credit in West Virginia while still in high school or a career-technical center. The EDGE courses are generally the courses found in the skilled pathways. By successfully completing an EDGE course or career cluster of courses, students are able to transfer credits to an associate degree program and establish a college transcript at Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College. Students must complete the EDGE transcript form and submit it for college credit after the course is completed.

Students must enroll at KVCTC to take advantage of the EDGE credit. EDGE credit will be applied to the A.A.S. in Technical Studies degree program. 


A student’s academic status is computed at the end of each semester.

Part-Time Students:

A part-time student may be placed on Academic Probation at the end of his/her first semester of enrollment. Academic Probation may be imposed after a part-time student completes ten semester hours and “suspension” may be imposed after 19 semester hours have been attempted. A part-time student may  be dismissed only after having attempted 24 semester hours.

Full-Time Students:

  1. Good Standing - For a full-time student who enters KVCTC in good standing, his/her status will remain Good Standing so long as each semester’s GPA is at least 2.00.
  2. Academic Probation - If, in any semester, the student’s cumulative GPA falls below 2.00, the student is placed on Academic Probation. Such a student must consult with his/her academic advisor and may register for no more than 14 credit hours in the next semester of enrollment. Academic Probation will appear on the student’s permanent academic record. A student on Academic Probation who returns to a cumulative GPA of 2.00 will return to Good Standing. If, during any semester, the cumulative GPA is below 2.00, the student returns to Academic Probation with its limitations on enrollment.
  3. Academic Suspension - A student on Academic Probation who fails to achieve a semester GPA of 2.01 or higher will be suspended for one semester. A suspended student is not eligible to attend KVCTC in his/her regular curriculum during a period of suspension, nor will credits earned at other schools during this period be accepted in transfer.
  4. Readmitted After Suspension Semester - The decision to allow a student to readmit is at the discretion of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. A suspended student is restricted in his/her selection of courses as assigned by the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Under this program, the student may enroll in a maximum of 14 credit hours per semester.
  5. Second Academic Suspension - If a student is readmitted after Academic Suspension he/she will be placed on Academic Probation. If the student fails to obtain a semester GPA of 2.01, he/she is placed on a Second Academic Suspension. He/she must fulfill the suspension period of one year and may then request readmission to KVCTC. A suspended student is not eligible to attend KVCTC in his/her regular curriculum during a period of suspension nor will credits earned at other schools during this period be accepted in transfer.

Dean’s List
Full-time students carrying a minimum of 12 semester hours and earning a grade point average of 3.25 or better are eligible to be placed on the Dean’s List. No application is necessary; qualified students will automatically have their names appear on the Dean’s List.

President’s List
Full-time students carrying a minimum of 12 semester hours and earning a grade point average of 4.00 are eligible to be placed on the President’s List. No application is necessary; qualified students will automatically have their names appear on the President’s List.

Assessment of Student Academic Achievement
KVCTC is committed to providing quality educational opportunities and experiences for every student. While grades are one measure of student performance, grades do not provide the institution with the necessary data to ascertain the areas of curriculum that are strong and areas that need improvement. Therefore students attending KVCTC must participate in periodic assessment activities as directed by the College. Student assessment will normally occur at two critical times in the student’s college career: 1) upon entering the institution for course placement and for gathering baseline data, and 2) prior to graduation. Assessment data may be collected at additional times at the discretion of the institution.

To assess student academic achievement, KVCTC requires all students graduating with an associate degree to complete a nationally recognized assessment to determine if graduates or applicants have acquired the competencies needed to be successful in a particular job.

To assess student academic achievement, KVCTC has established an assessment program. The components of the assessment program include the following:

  1. General education core curriculum: Portfolio and nationally recognized assessment.
  2. Graduate and follow-up: Surveys mailed to graduates and employers to determine relevance of KVCTC education in the workplace.
  3. Nationally recognized degree- or career-based exam. 

Degree Requirements for Graduation
Students are responsible for knowing and fulfilling requirements for graduation. Accordingly they should carefully read the catalog and curriculum requirements. KVCTC cannot assume responsibility for failure of students to fulfill catalog and curriculum requirements.

A student must follow the catalog for the year which he/she entered the institution and/or program of study as it pertains to the program requirements required for graduation. If a student has not attended the institution for two consecutive semesters, excluding summer sessions, he/she will follow the catalog with applicable program requirements that pertains to the semester in which he/she returns. There may be exceptions to this policy for admissions requirements for certain programs.

If questions arise about requirements, students should consult with the appropriate Division Dean, Program Director or the Registrar several semesters prior to graduation. With reasonable notice, KVCTC may modify degree requirements.

To be recommended for graduation, a student must satisfy all of the pertinent requirements stated in this catalog, including the following:

  1. A cumulative grade point average of 2.00 (C average) on all course work attempted with the exception of developmental courses.
  2. A cumulative grade point average of 2.00 in major courses.
  3. Completion of the total number of hours required in the curriculum elected.
  4. The necessary residence requirement for a degree.
  5. Payment of all outstanding financial obligations to the College.
  6. Completion of an assessment in capstone course or as designated.

A formal application for graduation must be signed by the student’s Program Director and filed with the Division of Student Services. The student must also pay the assessed graduation fee at the Cashier’s Office.

The transcript document is an accurate account of a student’s academic experience and history. It is used to verify whether a student meets current graduation standards in a program of study. Once that verification has been made, changes to the transcript will not normally occur. The institution’s grade appeal policy should have been followed in grade issues. Only in cases where it can be substantially proven that an error was made by the institution will corrections or changes to the academic history/transcript be made after a degree has been conferred.

Graduation Honors
Graduation honors will be calculated for purposes of the Commencement Ceremony. Calculations will include grades from the current semester. Graduation honors are calculated based on institutional GPA.

  • Cum Laude: Associates Degree graduates who have attained cumulative GPA between 3.25 and 3.49.
  • Magna Cum Laude: Associates Degree graduates who have attained cumulative GPA between 3.50 and 3.74.
  • Summa Cum Laude: Associates Degree graduates who have attained cumulative GPA of 3.75 and above.

Academic Dishonesty
Board of Governors Policy 10: Academic Rights section 5.5 states the following:

  • Academic dishonesty is defined as plagiarism, cheating, falsifying records, etc. and may be punished by instructor imposed sanctions ranging from verbal or written reprimand to an F and/or suspension or complete withdrawal from KVCTC. Charges of academic dishonesty may be brought by any member of the academic community. 

Phone: (304) 205.6700
Online: Apply Now!
2001 Union Carbide Drive
S. Charleston, WV 25303

Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and does not discriminate against any person because of race, gender, age,color, religion, disability, national or ethnic origin. For more information: Michelle Bissell, Title IX Coordinator (304) 205-6600.