- to be the primary mechanism for training initiatives in our region.
- customized credit and non-credit training for business and industry,
- continuing education programs for lifelong learning.
We excel in developing the workforce by:
- Designing customized credit or non-credit programs
- Utilizing training grants for both businesses and qualifying individuals
- Scheduling classes at various times and locations
- Implementing hands-on training and practical experience
- Increasing the innovative use of technology
- Documenting achievement of professional certification standards
- Enabling progression from skill sets to certifications to one-year certificates to AAS degree programs
Our specialty is providing programs that:
- Build the skills and abilities of the workforce in our region
- Help businesses increase profits and productivity through employee skills enhancement
- Increase the marketable job skills of individuals
- Improve the earning capacity of the region’s workforce
- Provide new opportunities to enhance the quality of life and improve the overall standard of living for citizens in our communities
The Workforce and Economic Development Division is located in Room 005, 2001 Union Carbide Drive in South Charleston, WV 25303. Our hours of operation are 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Mondays through Fridays. Our phone number is 304-205-6603.